27.12.09

I done went and got myself married!

We do everything backwards--honeymoon before marriage license, which comes before we book the hall, and he asks me on the streetcar on the way home from planning the when and where of our actual wedding. I am fuming because somehow, he has managed to get out of actually giving me a proposal, and when I turn to him to say something and he says "do you think this one will fit?" I look down at the ring he is holding and ask him if he found it on the seat of the tram when we sat down.

It turns out his mother sent the ring from Australia, and this has been brewing for a little while, and all the things I worried about are for nothing because here is a man who would like our paths to run side by side.

So on December 21st, in a little room in City Hall, we gathered our friends and some family and pronounced to the world (and later to Facebook) that we are sharing our lives through the best of times and the worst of times.

He will never tired of kissing me, he promises, and he will never tire of looking at my beautiful face, and I cannot think of anything else that I want or desire.

Life is sweet.

No comments: