29.11.08

Woman in the Mirror

This morning at 2 am, in the bathroom at the hospital, I looked in the mirror and saw myself as exactly who I want to be. It is exactly who I am. We are the same, and I am happy.

I wonder how long it will last? 6 months? A year? 5 years? 50? At almost-79, will I wake up to pee and find myself looking at the me I want myself to be?

I think it might be fleeting--one of those proofs that only shows up when you're least expecting it and disappears just as fast. Proof that I am loved, loving, and doing what I enjoy. Proof that I am worth the unexpected compliments I sometimes get. Proof that, my hair amess, I am still the Queen of Everything.

So I guess I'm lucky I happened to look in the mirror at 2 am and notice there was something different about the woman in the mirror.

No comments: