27.11.08

David Usher and OH MY GOD I'm old!

So tomorrow night I'm heading to the Mod Club (seriously? that's the best name they could come up with?) to see David Usher in Concert for what is not the first time--and won't be the last. Pretty excited! He puts on a great show. Plus, with that scar on his belly from the shark...well...yum. Could be taller, though.

Anyway. I realized that it was almost 12 years ago that I saw Usher play with Moist in Prince George, BC--I was 17 and it was my first "road trip" (a 90 minute drive to stay in a pretty good hotel that my father paid for--thanks, Dad!) with my sister and a few of our friends.

Wouldn't you know it, I backed into a bus full of basketball players on the way to the concert and the guy driving ripped me a new asshole. Never heard from him again--probably because my friend and sister spent the evening hanging out with the players while I slept and had nightmares about my father finding out.

Funny thing is, when he did (I told him, I'm a wuss that way) he didn't care. Then again, this is the same man who laughed until he cried when I drove our car underneath an entire Dodge on my first day with my learner's permit. Not so stable, my family.

But yeah. I'm old. It's official.

No comments: